Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Little Behind the Curve

Josh and I started our Lord of the Rings adventure by reading the Hobbit. It was my first time into the world of JRR Tolkien and Josh had read it as a boy. Once we finished the Hobbit we were ready to move onto heavier things. We had many road trips planned, which include some of the posts below so we decided to listen to the Trilogy on disk. Although this process is much slower than reading, we enjoyed the narration by Rob Inglis. We have spent many a night hanging out with the rabbit and listening to Lord of The Rings. After we finish each book we watch the extended version of the movie and most of the extras (4 hours long!) pretty intense, we know, but we must see our task through. So now we are halfway through the Return of the King and and feel almost a part of the "fellowship". We laugh at ourselves because we know we are several years behind most fans. We also feel pretty nerdy listening to hour after hour of fantasy books on disc, but we are loving it.

4 comments:

Keith and Anika Busby family said...

Hey Guys! It is good to see you are doing well. I'm glad you have a blog, even though I am terrible about adding them...I don't know how, so everyone once in a while email me again. We will have to see you next time we go to AZ. November. Take care! Our blog is www.thebuzzbees.blogspot.com

We are in NY for the summer.

Scott and Megan said...

WHAT IS UP fools!

Scotty Lee here, you should be pleased to know that Megs and i just had a LOTR a thon and watched the 3 flicks in 3 consecutive nights! it's always good to revisit old friends EH!

Bradley said...

I like what you have done with the blogg, very nice.

RaeLynn said...

Hi Katie! Nice to "meet" you :) I'm so glad to see that you are taking good care of Josh...we are high school buddies. I love the blog and I LOVE that you guys are becoming LOTR fans. My husband and I are pretty nerdy about it too. But if you're going to be nerdy--it's a cool thing to be nerdy about, don't you think?